Friday, January 21, 2011
I did it!! I got 8 of my paintings into one of my favorite stores in San Diego called Make Good, which sells handmade art jewelry, clothing and other recycled goodies. I can't believe how confident I was when I was presenting my work to the owner of the store Sophia Hall. The paintings she did not select did not hurt my feelings. This was a huge step for me on so many different levels. After all I am a very sensitive person, and am hesitant to share my art with others. It's been a slow process to let go of any attachment I have to my work.
If you are in the San Diego area stop by the store and check it out. There is a lot of eye candy! Thanks to Sophia Hall for support local artist in the San Diego area!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
- Finish large painting for my art show at Ray at Night Art Walk Dec 11th Yup did it!
- Make enough money at the Art Walk to pay for my entry and then some - Yup did it!
- Try not to get sick again until next December (Caught the flu in November) - Did get sick for the third time this winter. Anyone else suffering the never ending cold?
- Create new banner for blog and Etsy shop.
- Approach two stores in San Deigo to see if they will sell my art. (Gulp)
- Not get sick for a month!
Good health to all!