Monday, February 20, 2012



Numbers

On my second week of being unemployed, and still adjusting to the fact I don't have job. Last week did anything but work in the studio. Just wasn't in the mood to paint. The blues were my friend last monday, but am on the road to feeling better. What amazes me is how much energy and time I put into work, and how much idenity I put into my job, despite the fact my job was not my passion. Thought a lot lately what it means to have a job. Is it something that provides just money, health insurance, and a 401K? I am not interested (at least for the time) working for corporations. Am putting my time towards getting my Missouri State massage license, which will take about a month or so. Much longer than I anticipated. So in the mean time, taking advantage of the freeness I feel lately.

The painting above I used a technique from Mary Beth Shaw's book, where I paint with pastels and not paint. I love this technique! Thanks Mary Beth!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, you are so welcome.
    I can completely relate to your thoughts regarding identity/job as I went through these same things when I left my corporate job in 2000. And yeah, I was a little blue too. Took me awhile to get back on a track and I found I meandered into a different direction than I had planned. So don't be afraid of 'the drift' :)
    And let me know when you get your massage license and I will be your first customer :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful! MB is such a gift. I felt the drift too...looking back, it was a necessary transition for my spirit...a line for the "before" and "after." Indulge yourself!
    Linda Esterley

    ReplyDelete